Actions for Content Page
Import Goals Package
Click Import to add a goals package. Large packages will take a while to upload and display.
Once uploaded, goals will appear in a table listing the name of the goal, the type of goal, the date the goal was uploaded, the Source the goal applies to and the status of the set of goals.
Click the goal set name to view the associated categories or grade ranges for the given set, for example "Grades 9-12". Clicking a goal set name, such as "Arizona Mathematics (2009)", opens a list of categories that have been defined for the goal set. These categories can then be associated with individual Modules within Blackboard.
Goal Set Status
All goal sets, when first imported, have a status of Inactive. The status of a goal set can be changed to one of these states:
- Active - goals and their visible categories are available to all instructors and in all Modules, so that content items can be aligned to them.
- Inactive - alignments made to content items using these goals are no longer displayed within Modules and do not appear in the Goals Discovery interface. However, the alignment itself is not deleted and all reporting data remains available.
- In Review - these goals are only available in the Goals Discovery interface within Modules which are directly associated with a specific category within the "In Review" goal set.
Create a goals map file to be used to copy the content alignments of one goal to another. A map can be created between any two goal sets in the system. Maps can be created between goal sets from two different sources.
Only one map can exist between the same two goal sets, but a single goal set can be mapped to many other goal sets. The number of maps associated with a goal set is displayed in the Goal Set Maps column. This number is a link that will open the existing map or a list of maps, if there is more than one.
Note: Maps may be included in Goals Packages that are imported into the system. These maps can be managed, edited and used to copy alignments from one goal set to another.
Create a New Map
- Select two goal sets from the list.
- Click Map Goals.
- The Map Goals page displays the base and mapped goals, the date the map was last updated and the date alignments were last updated.
- The Goals Maps column will update the number of existing maps for the goal sets.
Delete Goal Sets
To delete a goal set, select it and then click Delete. Deleting a goal set deletes all of its categories and all of the content alignments that have been made to goals within it. Associated reporting data is lost.
Filter Goal Sets
Goal sets can be located by selecting a Source and a Goal Type from the drop-down menus and then clicking Go. Select Available Sources and All Goals to list all of the goal sets in the system.
Two types of reports can be run from this location: Full Coverage Overview report and Goal Set Name Coverage Overview report.
Click Run Full Coverage Overview Report to create a Full Coverage Overview report that displays aggregated coverage information across Modules for all active goal sets within the source and Goal Type selected. An overview of the types of content items aligned to these goals is also provided. Once run, the report will open in a new window. The report can be downloaded, printed or saved to the Content Collection, if available.
Click the action link for a goal set and select Run Goals Set Name Coverage Overview Report to create a Goal Set Name Coverage Overview report that displays aggregated coverage information across Modules for all categories within a specific goal set. An overview of the types of content items aligned to these goals is also provided. Once run, the report will open in a new window. The report can be downloaded, printed or saved to the Content Collection, if available.